Taxing the wealthy and Wall Street for state budget/tax sanity is crucial and the linchpin of my progressive campaign primarying Cuomo for Dem nomination for Governor of NYS-- but there are nineteen other reasons why I'm running; see below...
[all of these are at www.petitiononline.com/joel4ny; sign on to join 57 others below signed on endorsing-- and join 211 others endorsing me at "Joel for New York" at Facebook too-- pass it on!]
p.s. Contributions also still welcome/needed-- to "Joel for New York" at 324 Browns Pond Road, Staatsburg NY 12580...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bring Back New York's Middle Class: A Twenty-Point Progressive Agenda for Main Street Not Wall Street:
[...how many more years should we have to wait for these?...none of these are really radical, are they...]
1. Re-implement stock transfer tax on Wall Street and make wealthy New Yorkers once again pay their fair share of taxes-- to fully fund our schools, hospitals, parks, libraries, towns, counties, cities, villages, EPF, DEC, etc.-- and slash property taxes-- while funding pensions, child care, university education for all as in Germany (where economy is thriving because middle class has been preserved!).
[see: http://www.ABetterChoiceforNY.org ; join dozens @ my http://www.petitiononline.com/stocktax ]
2. Enact state-level single-payer health care system in NY; save $20 billion/year (VT moving this way).
[see: http://www.SinglePayerNewYork.org ; http://www.HungerActionNYS.org ]
3. Enact ten-dollar-an-hour minimum wage to bolster middle class (to reflect real value it had in 1970).
[see: http://www.LetJusticeRoll.org ]
4. Co-determination/supervisory boards as in Germany-- at least half of all members of corporate boards of directors have to be directly elected by workers (this would incredibly bolster middle class).
[see: http://www.EuropesPromise.org ]
5. Initiate a state-owned bank as in North Dakota (as Michael Moore has recommended). http://motherjones.com/mojo/2009/03/how-nation%E2%80%99s-only-state-owned-bank-became-envy-wall-street
6. Create green jobs get solar/energy-efficiency retrofit loans NOW to homeowners and businesses.
[join dozens signed to my http://www.PetitionOnline.com/SOLAR ; http://www.LIGreenHomes.com ]
7. Save tax dollars and create jobs with zero-waste approach to resource recovery (not burn/burying).
[join 70 signed to my http://www.petitiononline.com/zeroyes http://www.StopTrashingtheClimate.org ]
8. Enact an immediate moratorium on natural-gas drilling to protect drinking water in our watersheds.
[join 891 signed on to my http://www.PetitionOnline.com/NoDrill ]
9. Ban toxic chemicals from being allowed to be in household products-- especially items for children
[see: http://www.Clean-NY.org ; http://www.HealthyStuff.org ; http://www.EWG.org ]
10. Clean Money Clean Elections campaign finance reform to clean up Albany; free TV for candidates.
[see: http://citizenactionny.org/category/archive/reports/public-financing-reports ]
11. Keep accurate, transparent lever voting machines; HAVA does not mandate computerized voting.
[see: http://www.ETCNYS.org ; http://www.ElectionDefenseAlliance.org ]
12. Monthly mandatory Question Time for Governor w/state leg.'s (idea from Liz Krueger/Micah Kellner)
13. Instant runoff voting (ranked)-- allow voters to truly be able to vote their hopes instead of their fears
[sign on to my http://www.PetitionOnline.com/IRVnow ]
14. Initiative and referendum for NY-- as twenty-six states across the U.S. have now already
[join 12 signed: my http://www.petitiononline.com/initrefr http://www.newrules.org/governance/rules/ ]
15. Pass amendment to U.S. Constitution to make it 100% perfectly clear: corporations aren't people.
[see: http://www.MoveToAmend.org ; Rep.'s Hinchey and Hall both agree!]
16. Make sure health insurance for Lyme disease in NY is more than a month of antibiotics (like CT/RI).
[join 330+ signed on to my http://www.PetitionOnline.com/StopLyme ; see http://www.ILADS.org ]
17. Reform criminal justice system to save money with re-entry, reducing recidivism.
[see: http://www.Vera.org ; sign my http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ATIs ]
18. Decriminalize marijuana; stop incarceration for nonviolent drug offenses; bring in new tax revenue.
[see: http://www.CSDP.org ; http://www.NORML.org ]
19. Photo ID cards for undocumented workers as in Trenton, Princeton, New Haven, San Francisco.
[see http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/23/opinion/23sun3.html http://www.petitiononline.com/newhaven ]
20. Bring back New York State's National Guard troops from Afghanistan and Iraq without delay.
[see: http://www.CitiesforPeace.org ; http://www.DutchessPeace.org ; http://www.PeaceAction.org ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Comments from some folks signed on to www.petitiononline.com/joel4ny; join us!...
57. Bryan Poellot Albany may be afraid to do the right thing--but I am confident that Joel can do what needs to be done in New York: enacting progressive ideas. Amawalk, NY 10501
56. Kenneth Vanderneut 000 10312
55. Kathie Aberman I support the points that Joel is putting forth as his platform, and I support his bid to run for Governor of New York State. I applaud his opposition to gas drilling/fracking anywhere in NYS (or anywhere else, for that matter). It must stop NOW! 37 Delaware Avenue, Liberty, NY 12754
54. Cary Kittner Governor Tyner sounds good! 12507
53. Mike McCarville I'm a big Cuomo fan, but I think we need a progressive candidate to stand for working people. Peace and low stress to one and all 88 Washington St. Newburgh, NY 12550
52. Karen A. Wilson Will help however I can. 12205
51. Danny Shanahan A truly progressive, truly tireless representitive of the people 12572
50. Carol Valentine education, health & the environment are all in jeopardy if current fiscal proposals are enacted. It is the future of our democracy that is in peril if private interests prevail over the public good. 12580
49. Danielle Masterson Joel is truly dedicated, trustworthy,and always gives his all to creating a better place for us New Yorkers. 4 Cayuga Dr Wappingers Falls Ny 12590
48. Marti Nadel good luck! 12572
47. Eli Walker Keep up the fight, Joel. Poughkeepsie, 12603
46. Julie You go, Joel! 12457
45. Richard Dennison Go for it Joel!!!! 12533
44. Samuel WAHY TO GO 11763
43. Thomas Baldino It's about time to clean up the State of New York, which has been labeled the most corrupt state out of all the other states. 19 North St,, Beacon NY 12508
42. AJ joel4ny you can do it 1601 lad ave, 11763
41. Myron Gershberg a great choice 959 old quaker hill road, pawling, ny12564
40. Stephanie Bonk Good Luck Joel 1062 Bulls Head Road, Clinton corners, NY 12514
39. Linda Abbott Joel Tyner will be a much needed progressive voice. He is a tireless activist who is unafraid to take on unpopular causes. 541 East 20th Street NY NY 10010
38. Jaison Cook Go Joel! P.O.Box 31, Pleasant Valley, NY 12569
37. Constance Young Finally Joel offers a thoughtful and compassionate change from the tired business-as-usual crowd 30 Myrtle Avenue,Pine Plains NY 12567
36. James Baldauf Protect us from corporate takeover 10 Whispering Pines Way; 12804
35. Joseph M. Lamb Joel Tyner gets my vote!!!!!! 176 Sheridan Ave; Albany; NY; 12210
34. Lisa Ford The one problem I have with your platform is although I'm all for raising the minimum wage - it does nothing for those only slightly above that. Not sure how it could be accomplished but what's really needed is a shift of the bottom portion of the payscale upward. 12054
33. Vincent Ferri It is time to take NYS back for the regular folk. 10941-3634
32. Janet Couch Joel's Progressive idiology is right for NYS 111 Lakeside Dr. Pawling, NY 12564
31. Emily Fiore Here, Here! Poughkeepsie NY 12603
30. stephanie lewis love you joel! 198 willow ave cornwall, ny 12518
29. tammy raffaele Go Joel! 12561
28. Richard mhugh democracy and primaries are a beautiful thing. 154 chelsea rd ,wappingers falls 12590
27. Shannon Kane yeah 120 Maple Lane, Hudson, NY 12534
26. susan mahoney good luck, you are the man for the job. 12601
25. Joe Faso Tyner is essential for New York State 54 Elizabeth Street
24. Rebecca Wittman I will definitely vote for you in the primary. We need real Democratic representation, not the lukewarm "Republican" kind offered by Cuomo and his ilk! 7884 Gorton Lake Road, Waterville, NY 13480
23. John V. Mizzi, P.E. Joel has the agenda and the energy; now he needs our support! 30 Cramer Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
22. Maribel Pregnall Joel is a trustworthy, smart and forward thinking choice! 18 Mt. View Rd,Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
21. Teresa Dixon I am visualising Joel winning already 3 Ann St New Paltz NY 12661
20. Dana Tompkins Joel, you are the one person that I would be willing to help. If there is anything you need, let me know, and if I can do it, I will. 12545
19. Joe Seeman now THIS is a real progressive agenda! POB2214, 12020
18. Rosemary Grabowska Go Joel Tyner! 9 Collegeview ave Apt 1 Poughkeepsie, Ny 12603
17. Mark Reichelt Hoping you go AllThe Way! 12572
16. Patricia Zolnik thanks Joel for always standing up for what you believe is the best for the middle class of NY 93 Deer Ridge Drive,. Staatsburg, NY 12580
15. Clifford Gardner My full support 22 montgomery st apt 5O poughkeepsie ny 12601
14. Glen Heinsohn For the people a real man with heart 12590
13. Lori Arkin Joel walks the walk 127 Primrose Hill Road, Rhinebeck, NY 12572
12. Stefan Lisowski Joel is the one hope left for humanity. 123 Burr's Crossing, Rosendale, NY 12472
11. Shaleah Patterson Great! I'm all for this petition! 11 Jewett Avenue Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
10. Ruth Detjen change is needed in Albany, and so are other options. 12603
9. Elaine Fernandez It's time for change! 12210
8. Richard R Carlson Joel is a truely dedicated progressive,and always gives his all to creating a better world. 3 Bowdoin Lane,Wappingers Falls,N.Y.12590-3920
7. Joshua Farrell Joel Tyner, a true man of the people, will be an outstanding Governor! 12524
6. Dianne Engleke It's time for courage and intelligence and honesty to return to Albany.....that's Joel. 12546
5. Kevin Barratt Budget cuts to education and health care wont fly with a new Democratic Governor. It's time we start taxing Wall Street! 12580
4. Nora Edwards Go, Joel. 10 Aldrich Rd ,Wingdale, NY 12594
3. Adam Beitman Joel is the most dedicated public servant ive ever met Graduate, Vassar College, Poughkeepsie NY
2. George Quasha A noble challenger with the right ideas 124 Station Hill Road, Barrytown, NY 12507
1. Tim McCormick Vassar for Tyner! 124 Raymond Ave, Poughkeepsie NY 12604